Saturday, December 30, 2017

Social Media Policy for 2018


First, many thanks to all my followers and audience during 2017.

 I’m making some key changes for 2018. This is in response to various changes in my life and also how I perceive the way people view photos and blogs in general.

 Astronomy Blog (arranged by month on here)


My astronomy blog will stay pretty much as is. I cannot say, for sure, whether I will observe and photograph more or less. As with most people, my sources of income and family needs come before astronomy, blogging and just about anything else. As before, posting my updates will usually be up to two weeks after my observation.

Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/with/39354539622/


Fortunately, I’m not one of those people who post hundreds of selfies on Instagram and never have been. My appearance is less than interesting to most people as I am neither exceptionally handsome nor ugly. In any case, I DO NOT share photographs instantly anyway but carefully check and edit them before they reach cyberspace. I am still guilty of over-posting photos. From now on I will only post photos that are of high quality or especially interesting but, preferably both. I use Flickr for my gallery and I will stick with Flickr unless they start charging and restricting space, which is why I migrated to Flickr in the first place.

I will still be posting photos in my astronomy blog but will only post the highlights to my Flickr gallery and my picture videos.

I have started a new blog entry for non-astronomy photos, with only highlights going to my Flickr gallery and picture videos: http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/non-astronomy-photos-2018.html.

Asocial Blog http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/the-asocial-blog.html


 This is a new feature with comments on the news and social media. Yes, it will include such things as religion and politics, so if you are easily offended, please give it a wide berth. Feel free to post your views agreeing or disagreeing. I will treat you with respect but any post disrespecting me or other people posting comments will be removed. However, if you re-post your comment with disrespectful remarks removed, I will welcome it.

 My Writing Blog (http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/2018-writing-blog.html)


 I will continue to post about my writing but have started a new thread for 2018.

Twitter https://twitter.com/search?q=%23PhilipPugh&src=typd


I will continue to use Twitter to communicate small messages and links to updated material.

I cannot promise what time of day it will be but I will post at least one astronomical photo per day. If it is not a current photo, it will be an interesting one from my back catalogue. If you don’t have Twitter and don’t want to have Twitter (although setting up an account is quite easy) just use Google or another search engine and search for “Philip Pugh” and “astronomy”. You can also view my Twitter feed via a link on my home page, without setting up an account. Better still, set up an account and follow me and I will follow you back and will re-tweet anything I find interesting from you.

I will post major updates on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/philip.pugh.56), too but I do not check my Facebook messages hourly or even daily.

My Website http://www.philippughastronomer.com/


This will remain largely untouched and most of my media content will be in my blog. However I PROMISE to update the background photos more often, something I failed to do adequately in 2016 and 2017.

Feedback


Feedback is welcome and I will address it as completely and promptly as I can.

And Finally…


The nature of my life and anticipated changes for 2018 will mean that I will not update my social media for days but, conversely, may have times when I am less busy and able to respond to messages and post updates.

4 comments:

  1. Are you unable to receive the verification code on your phone in Binance? If yes, dial Binance support phone number immediately and grab easiest and best solutions to fix such errors in a jiffy. With the assistance of customer care experts, your errors will be eradicated in the fraction of seconds with utmost perfection. You can call these skilled and talented experts at any time as per the convenience and necessity. The highly able executive aims at giving you fancied and best suitable solutions to all your questions.
    https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/binance-support-number/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you confronting an error while signing in to gemini account? To remove the sign in errors as soon as possible, you can contact for assistance from the skilled advisors who have all the required solutions at fingertips to eliminate the errors in the easiest way. You can get in touch with the team of well-adroit advisors by dialing gemini toll-free number who have all the means and methods to resolve the errors. You always have back of the team so, whenever you are in problem, don’t get worried as experts will for sure reach you. https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/gemini-support-number/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you facing errors and snags while using trezor on multiple devices like mobile, tablet etc.? To remove the hitches all at once with the required solutions dial trezor helpline number where you can always take result-oriented solutions from the team of talented personalities who is professional in resolving all the problems with their top-notch customer services. The team of experts is always there to assist you. Dial our toll free number and avail all the solutions and strategies that are required to fix the issue immediately. https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/trezor-support-number/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have problem with blockchain Account? To get information related to your query or error you can always take aid from the skilled customer executives by dialing blockchain customer service number which is active around the clock. You can also contact with your blockchain customer care team, as per your convenience. You will be always happy after getting these services from the customer executives in no time. The professional’s team is there to assist you at every step and leave no opportunity to fix the doubts and problems in no time.
    https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/blockchain-support-phone-number/

    ReplyDelete