Friday, August 24, 2012

Constellation Shots from Naperville March 15th 2010

I often travel on business and sometimes I am able to visit places that give me a better view of southern constellations than I get in the UK.

I reprocessed some images and found that where I have multiple images without a terrestrial background, such as buildings or trees, that using Registax 5 with a large align box works, where Microsoft ICE doesn't.

However, neither program was able to create a mosaic of the whole area.

GIMP was also much better at getting rid of noise and light pollution than Paintshop Pro was on the original shots. I removed this haze from the top up and cleared more as I reached the bottom.

Constellations shown are: Canis Major, Lepus, Orion with Canis Minor and Orion with Taurus.





No comments:

Post a Comment